Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Tour highlights: The Arsenale from outside, Viale Garibaldi, Ponte di Quintavalle, Canale di San Pietro, San Pietro in Castello, Bell tower, Throne of St. Peter, Street of the Seven Martyrs, San Servolo, San Lazzaro degli Armeni, Giardini Pubblici, Gardens of Biennale, Campo San Giuseppe etc.
- Meeting Point: in front of Danieli's entrance
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people.
- Price: 350 EUR
- Cancellation: Full refund if we receive the notice at least 1 week before the tour, 100% penalty fee otherwise
A must tour for history, architecture & public secret gardens lovers !
Castello, the largest of Venice's six sestiere (districts), stretches from the center of the town, near Rialto in the west to the Giardini Gardens in the east. Impossibly picturesque, the sestiere of Castello in Venice is of course famous also for the presence of the Arsenal, where from the 12th century the most powerful naval fleet in the world was built. Not only a shipyard, the Arsenal was rather a mini-city enclosed by crenellated walls, complete with warehouses, workshops and foundries. Today the area known as the Corderie is used as an exhibition space during the Biennale. The Arsenal also contains the Museum of Naval History. There are many pretty churches in the area, from La Pietà, greatly famous in the Baroque period for its fervid musical activity, to San Zaccaria and San Giorgio dei Greci, until Santi Giovanni and Paolo, the greatest Gothic church in Venice.
During this 3-hour private tour, our professional licensed guide will show you some of the most beautiful attractions & gardens in Castello District listed above such as the Arsenale, San Giorgio degli Schiavoni, San Zaccaria, Santi Giovanni e Paolo, Arsenale, San Pietro, Biennale, Museo Storico Navale, Libreria Acqua Alta and many more.