Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour highlights: different points of interest like for instance the Libreria Acqua Alta, San Michele Cemetery, Giardini Pubblici, Santa Maria dei Miracoli, Palazzo Grimani, Ghetto Ebraico, Fondazione Vedova, Museo Querini Stampalia, San Giorgio Maggiore, Riva degli Schiavoni, San Giacomo da l'Orio, Gobbo di Rialto, Ca’ Dario, Punta Della Dogana, Palazzo Fortuny, Ponte de Chiodo, Scuola Grande di San Marco, Isola della Certosa, San Francesco della Vigna. etc.
- Pick-up/Drop-off: at your hotel
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people.
- Price: 400 EUR
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 4-hour private tour of Hidden Venice, your professional English speaking licensed guide will embark you on an off the beaten path walking tour of the city. You will not spend much time in the area of St Mark's Square/Basilica/Doge's Palace or at the Rialto Bridge, instead you will visit some of our guides' favorite corners, where the pulse of the real Venice beats in the hurried stride of the Venetians and where few tourists tread.
For wanderers, explorers, and anyone willing to get thoroughly lost, Venice is an atmospheric maze of cobblestoned paths and winding waterways. With our licensed guide at your disposal, you will stop as much as you wish to get further explanation about interesting hidden points of interest (bridges, small museums, secret gardens, recommended restaurants etc) and gives you deeper explanation about what you see. You are in command, this is YOUR walking tour.
If you have no special request, we will show you as much as we can so that you get your bearings.
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online. We can for instance shorten the tour to 2 or 3 hours.
This is an excellent tour to program in the middle or at the end of your stay, if you are in Venice for the 1st time or if you wish to get a deeper understanding of the Queen of Adriatic or if you are travelling with people who have already been a few times in Venice and want to explore more.
Our guide generally meets you at your hotel (if located in one of the 6 Central sestieri for the beginning of the visit but we can also arrange for a different meeting point. It is also possible for us to arrange a private boat for exploring some canals or different islands (at an extra cost).