Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Tour highlights: Madonna dell'Orto Church, Scuola della Misericordia, Palace of the Camels, Jewish Ghetto, Chiesa dei Scalzi, Museo Ebraico, Chiesa di San Geremia, Campo dei Mori, Fondamenta della Misericordia, Santa Maria dei Miracoli etc.
- Meeting Point: from the top centre of the Rialto Bridge
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 280 EUR for your party up to 7 people (excluding entrance tickets)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 2-hour private guided walking tour, your licensed guide will lead you through the district of Cannaregio (famous for its historical cemetery island called Isola San Michele), second largest sestiere in Venice (district) by land area and the largest by population.
We start this tour from the top of the Rialto Bridge and you have the opportunity to see the Ca d'Oro Palace, Madonna dell'Orto Church, Scuola della Misericordia, the Museo Ebraico di Venezia, Parco di Villa Groggia, Palazzo Labia, Ponte delle Guglie etc.
A hidden treasure today, Cannaregio was once also home to the world's first gated Jewish community that lived under unfair conditions (Jewish Ghetto) from 1516 until Napoleon's arrival in 1797 and his decision to remove the gates and give all residents the freedom to live where they chose.
A visit in Cannaregio still feels a bit like entering a different time and place. You will have the opportunity to see the homes of famous Venetians like Tintoretto and Titian and hear delightful anecdotes and stories about the past residents of this picturesque area of Venice.
This is a nice walk through amazing places which will give you a best idea of a true Cannaregio atmosphere.