Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Venetian Rowing Class
- Duration: 1.5 hour
- Tour highlights: Learn how to row a batelina (traditional Venetian boat) like a pro!
- Meeting Point: Sacca Misericordia Marina (or similar)
- Max. Size of your Party: 3 people.(4 is possible if you have for instance 2 young kids coming along)
- Price: 100 EUR + 20 EUR / person
- Cancellation: The full price of the tour will be refunded if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this 1.5-Hour Private Venetian Rowing Class, your passionate instructor will engage you in the world of Venetian Rowing on traditional batelinas, called "voga alla veneta".
If you are looking for an alternative way of visiting Venice, less boring for children, you should embark on this experience.
The experience of rowing your own boat in Venice is truly unique and exciting for children/teenagers (especially for the ones in the 6-15y old bracket). On quiet back-canals, voga alla veneta is challenging but not dangerous if you can swim!
Venice was built to be beautiful from the water, and navigating it this way feels right. Suddenly the canals aren’t just a nice postcard, they’re the very heart and lifeblood of Venice. You dip the oar in the water and you start to understand the delicate interplay between balance, technique, strength, and endurance that is required to row properly. It is something that can’t be properly appreciated until you’re doing it yourself. After this rowing session, you will probably end up with brand new level of respect for the gondoliers who row on unstable vessels in congested canals!