Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 9 hours
- Tour Highlights: Verona (Juliet’s House, Arena, Piazza Brà, Piazza delle Erbe & Lamberti Tower, Via Mazzini) and Padua (Basilica of Saint Anthony of Padua, Scrovegni Chapel, Palazzo della Ragione, Abbey of Santa Giustina, Bo Palace)
- Meeting Point: Piazzale Roma in Venice or directly from your hotel by boat (at an extra cost)
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 800 EUR + 50 EUR per person (including entrance tickets)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this full day private guided tour of Verona & Padua, you will first have the opportunity to discover the "Romeo and Juliet" setting (Verona) and its main competitor for centuries (Padua). First, our driver-guide will pick you from Piazzale Roma in Venice to drive you to Padua (30min drive). As a medieval city-state and home to Italy’s second-oldest university, Padua used to challenge both Venice and Verona for regional hegemony. Our licensed guide will show you a series of extraordinary fresco cycles which recalls this golden age – including in Giotto’s Cappella degli Scrovegni, Menabuoi’s heavenly gathering in the baptistry and Titian’s St Anthony in the Scoletta del Santo. For the next few centuries, Padua and Verona challenged each other for dominance over the Veneto plains. But Venice finally settled the matter by occupying Padua permanently in 1405.
Then, with your licensed guide, you will have lunch in Verona (around 1h15 drive from Padua). Shakespeare certainly appreciated Verona's loveliness, although from afar as, alas, he never actually made the trip over to Italy. He sets three of his legendary plays in this region – The Taming of the Shrew, Two Gentlemen of Verona and last, but by no means least, Romeo and Juliet. You will also discover a few of Verona's nicest churches in : Sant Anastasia (Piazza S. Anastasia), San Zeno Maggiore (Piazza San Zeno; the setting for Romeo and Juliet's wedding) and Duomo (Piazza Duomo).
We will then drive you back to Venice and drop you off at Piazzale Roma or directly at your hotel (this option comes at an extra cost).
A trip to Verona/Padua is something you will remember and marvel at forever.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is Piazzale Roma in Venice.
It is also possible to pick you up somewhere else in Venice, at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.